Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Let me buy you a coffee, just because… [guest writer - Alison Rentschler]


Once, while working as a barista at a coffee shop in Rochester, a man came in the shop and ordered a coffee from my coworker. He then paid for his coffee. But after that, he gave my coworker a $5 bill. He said to use it to pay for the next person’s drink, whatever they ordered, and to keep any change as a tip. The man asked my coworker not to tell the person who had given the money, and he went and sat down at a nearby table. My coworker, surprised, agreed to pay for the next person’s drink with the money. 

~ Alison Rentschler is
a writer living in
Rochester, Minn.
A few minutes later a woman came in the shop and ordered an espresso drink. My coworker explained that someone had given money to pay for her coffee. She looked very surprised and happy and accepted the free drink. What a great surprise to get a free espresso drink! She left the store with a big smile on her face!

Sometimes a random act of kindness, or a good deed, can make a huge difference in someone’s life, or it may just make them smile and make their day better. Be the 1


0 comments:

Post a Comment