Friday, September 9, 2011

MyGoodDeed Inc - Pass it on. Pay it forward :)



Some of you on my facebook page or twitter accounts know that I do "Good Deed Fridays". It's not for my own personal recognition or "look at me doing something awesome". No. It's to inspire, plant the seed and pay my own experiences of someone being kind to me -forward :) It's to have that thought of doing for others on the forefront of MY mind and others minds.

10 years ago we all were going about our lives normally. Until the abnormality of 9/11 occurred. I was driving into work completely oblivious. I wasn't one to watch the news in the morning, neither would I turn on the radio. I was jamming to cd's. I walked into work and I remember my co-worker Carol coming up to me with clear distraught and pain in her face as she started to tell me what was happening. We all didn't really know what was going on - but we all felt and knew we were being attacked.

Awful. Actions.

Wouldn't it be neat to create a different world where these acts don't occur? I believe that's a possibility. Keep reading <3

As we remember those lives we lost during the 9/11 events, the families and friends affected, the heartache.... the pain. - there are kind acts we can do to change the course of tides that these types of events create.

http://www.911day.org/organization/mygooddeed-inc


Here's an excerpt of what MyGoodDeed does:

"The mission of MyGoodDeed Inc is to promote a lasting and forward-looking legacy of service to remember and honor the victims and heroes of 9/11 and world terrorism in general, and to pay tribute to those who have risen in service in response to terrorist attacks. We work to accomplish that mission everyday by encouraging Americans and others throughout the world to adopt and support charitable causes of personal interest and perform good deeds or another service activity in observance of the anniversary of 9/11 each year, and throughout the year. We seek to inspire everyone to carry forward everyday in their lives, through their actions toward others, the remarkable spirit of unity, service and compassion that brought America and the world together in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks."


The neat thing is, when you put in your zipcode for opportunities in your area - you'll find United Way of Olmsted County opportunities!


Let's create our own legacy. Be kind to one person. Then another. Then another. Do something for someone today that creates a different ripple.

Let's change the world. Change it to the ultimate kindness. Who's in?

Be the 1 today. <3




0 comments:

Post a Comment